View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2022, 21:29   #45
AdrianJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianJ View Post
12K km ago a complete set of Retro Turbo multi-link type I bushes was installed on my 1993 Volvo 960. Big mistake as it turned out. Especially the bushes for the lower wishbones caused trouble. I found out that the holes were widened severely as if the polyurethane inside was actually made of clay (pict). After only six months driving this created so much play that the wishbones started rubbing against the outer edge of the inside of the rims. Since this tells me enough about the **** quality of the used material, I absolutely need to change all the bushings of this set before worse things will happen. And that is a problem since unfortunately there are no replacement bushes available for the multi-link type I anymore.
My question for you is if there is a company that still sells a reliable poly bushing set or could fabricate these bushes for me. I am willing to pay a good price for it. After spending good money for modifying engine, drive train, big brakes incl new booster/mbc and front and rear suspension (Kaplhenke), I am not considering leaving the car (pict) in its current condition.
I hope you can give me some tips for the right direction.

By the way, I emailed Pete from Retro Turbo three times. His answer after months of waiting: "Will forward your email to my business partner to see what have happened there." That was two months ago. How does this company survive?
Sorry to bother you with this nasty matter again. Three months later still no reply from Retro Turbo. In the event that it was a purchase of only 50 euros, I would have saved myself the aggravation and would not have brought it up again. But having to throw 500 euros in the trash can, hurts when I look at the box with the disassembled failing retro turbo bushes.
If anybody can tell me how to get in contact with Peter, I would appreciate that. He still doesn’t respond to my emails. Not very decent, to say the least. Especially because I have been a customer for many years and have bought not only the multi-link bushes kit but many more parts from him.
AdrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote