Thread: Amazon: - Seat availability
View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 10:49   #10
wstlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123GT-AMAZON View Post
That car belonged to a very ! Active forum member and he loved that car took great care of that car so i have no doubt it’s in great condition the seats are easy enough to sort also a great price with a addition to putting in a offer ! I would buy it myself they normally fetch £12-13k so for £10.995 with offer go view it at the very least and make a decision then but if any doubt in your mind then follow your gut instinct.
That's great to know that the previous owner was known on the forum, I agree the price does look great for the condition of the car. Thanks for the background and perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
That looks like a really nice car in the advert.

I agree that there are more (much more) important things than seats.

The earlier PV (which was also produced along side the Amazon for a while) is known to have uncomfortable seats and people with PVs sometimes upgrade to Amazon ones. My PV happens to have early Amazon seats in the front. If these seats are better I'd hate to try the originals!

I imagine after fitting the poly bushes in the suspension the even better upgrade to the V70 seats was desirable (controversial)

As a daily driver the V70 seats might actually prove to be the better choice. I wouldn't let the look or non originality of the seats put you off the car, you could take your time and stick up a WTB advert in the appropriate section of the forum and see what turns up.

What ever turns up will most likely need new coverings. These are still being made in Sweden...
Agree, it does look like a great car. I think I'll try and go and see it, at least to judge it in person. And that makes sense about the seat upgrade and daily driving comfort, for me it visually detracts from the interior of the car, which is just a personal taste thing, but I might well eat my words after driving any distance on original seats. Thanks for you thoughts and the info about refurbishing original seats for daily use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I don't know much about the Amazon (I'm a 244 and P1800 sort of bloke) but I cannot fathom why you would want to change the nice, later interior in the advertised car back to an older one.

The car is not original in lots of ways, which I think is a good thing (very much like my 244, which has lots of mostly invisible improvements). I'd say that if you wanted an original car that would be the wrong one to buy, but if you want a good (but still very interesting) motor car it would be perfect.

This is just my opinion - I certainly won't be offended if you don't agree.
Thanks for your thoughts Othen, I don't disagree particularly, I think I'm unsure because I haven't driven the Amazon for any extended period of time with original seats. The most I've done is a test drive or two. Part of the appeal of the Amazon for me is the look of the original interior but I can see the argument for comfort especially given the other modernisations that have been made to the car. I think making the trip to see it is the way forward. Thanks again, the perspective has been really helpful.
wstlr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wstlr For This Useful Post: