Thread: Amazon: - Seat availability
View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 16:55   #2
amazon69
Premier Member

Welcome to the forum.

It is easy enough to swap seats, but one man's trivial is another man's nightmare, so it's hard to say how you will find it. On a scale of 1-10 (easy-hard) of doing mechanical things I'd say it's about a 2. 3-4 if you have to weld new mounts as I did. Finding original seats is probably easy enough if you ask, but you will probably find original seats need new webbing, foam and covers to be as comfortable as modern seats (probably why the car you saw has different seats). it is possible to get all those things new if you want to make your original seats perfect. Expensive to do that mind.

I would say don't be in a rush...spend time on here, ask questions, look at other people's cars if you can etc. There are some good Facebook groups if you are on there where you can get a look at things and ask more questions.
I have been driving my 131 daily for 15 years, rain and shine, next to the coast in Cornwall, and it never misses a beat and is as reliable as a stick, so it's a perfectly feasible idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to amazon69 For This Useful Post: