View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 22:19   #25
theseriojca

Default Right on the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
... I'm inclined already to suspect CCM failure.
What a God send you are, Moose!

I should've 'joined the dots' myself earlier, but I was trusting VIDA too blindly! After your reply, I went onto eBay and found a used CCM for an amazing £17, posted. Thought 'what the hell', I'll give it a try.

Here it is, in various stages of disassembly (just in case anyone needs to see one taken apart).

I have removed the existing CCM:

Pull up on the gear stick stick surround, with the cupholder slightly open and then unclip the silver surround as well.

Undo the bottom two T25 screws and remove the CCM and the Entertainment unit.

This is the cavern left after disconnecting all the wires.

Here are some pics of the two modules connected, note the 4 T25 screws and the 4 clips that need undone in order to separate the two.

Here's a picture of the existing circuit board, could not fault it just by the look of it.

The swap of the circuit boards was pretty straightforward - word of advice, make sure all four temperature knobs are turned the same way - straight up, for example, otherwise the board would not fit properly and you risk damaging it.

Put everything back together in reverse order, hooked up the new evaporator temperature sensor and hey presto! all working perfectly!

Gave it another thought and decided to re-attach the existing temperature sensor, the one I cut off a while ago - works a treat! So it was never the sensor itself, it was always the board that went bad.

Put everything back together, cleared all codes and got the all clear!

Big thanks to everyone who replied and guided me on this journey, especially Moose Test! It's about 12 degrees here so not sure if the aircon will need recharging or anything, will need to wait for a warm day now. 'Mon the heat!

Last edited by theseriojca; Jun 14th, 2021 at 22:23.
theseriojca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theseriojca For This Useful Post: