View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 14:36   #5
baconkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
I had awd issue back in 2016 you need to be methodical and look at the clues. You have help inthat you have VIDA.

1) Check battery is giving correct voltage. Volvo hate low voltage - many electrical issues stem from an low voltage battery. Can you swap it tem pro with another??
2) Checking ( by substitution) the haldex pressure switch is much easier than checking the pump. I did however disconnect my pump and directly connected a 9volt radio battery. I ran my pump both ways for upto 10-20 secs without issue. You can hear it working.
3) Have you recently changed haldex fluid - if you have not its worth it for maintenence purposes anyway. It will give an insight into the inner workings of the unit. My oil was minging and full of crud.
4) There is a ohm test to do on the DEM unit with the battery disconnected, but at present I can't find which pins you connect and what the reading should be. If I can find it out I'll let you know.
5) There may be a water ingress issue with the actual DEM unit and the fault codes you have are a symptom of the issue of water ingress. Lucus@ Volvodiagnostics has a very good record of repairs - he's knowledgeable and helpful. hes in the traders section of the site - look him out.

Cheers
Bob
Thanks for this,

I've been thinking about replacing the battery for a little while now because, to be honest, I have had some wired intermittent faults with the radio and parking sensors, glow plugs...

I think it is worth giving the Haldex a service, I'm at 130k miles now.

Is there any way of testing the DEM unit easily? It looks like it's quite straightforward to remove it.

How would I go about checking the pressure switch?

Thanks again

Richard
baconkev is offline   Reply With Quote