View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2024, 22:13   #15
sandys
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiecb19 View Post
Hi All,

I need to replace the brakes and pads on my D5 XC90 II (2018). I was hoping to replace them with some performance discs/pads, ideally drilled/groove brakes (yes, I am a boy racer stuck in a middle-aged man's body), but I'm struggling to find many options. Euro Car Parts can't assist, neither can local garages from Kwik Fit, ATS, Halfords etc. Looking online, I've found a brand called MTEC, but they don't have the greatest reviews on Trustpilot, plus I've never heard of them. I'm not out for a full brake conversion (even if Brembo did one), I'm jus trying to give myself something extra in performance as well as look. I have a garage who can fit them if I supply the parts. Any ideas anyone? Thanks for your help.
I used mtec brakes on my Abarth Punto Evo Esseesse, it runs 2 piece floating discs and they were only available from dealer at over 1k, I didn't mind when I was tracking and competing with it but these days it just runs to the shops etc, just wanted some decent discs that still looked the part, MTEC did some 2 piece fixed and they've been great even did the odd trackday and event, it was all good, thumbs up from me.

If they've not done that particular setup before you may need to send them a sample of a stock disc unless you are good at engineering diagrams.

Certainly worth a call.

heicosportiv do a lovely 2 piece 6 pot set up for 6k if you are feeling spendy, 2.5kg a corner lighter than the Polestar Akebonos

What size are the stock discs, the Polestar are 400mm, on my Punto for example the sports discs were no bigger than stock so you could just swap out for the light floaters if you wanted but that was because the car was sporty in the first place, I'd hazard a guess that is not the case for the Volvo.

Last edited by sandys; Mar 28th, 2024 at 22:33.
sandys is online now   Reply With Quote