View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 21:29   #1
mark2410

Default Went to Arnold Clark, first and last time!

The C70 had a very slow leak in one tyre so they said they would do a free dunk test to see what up with it, so booked it in. This morning however the roof sensor that had been randomly claiming the roof was open decided to play up and so when i got there i asked if they could have alook at it and if they could have look to see about a rubbing sound from the rear wheels. Sure they say but itll be £100 for each just for us to diagnose the problem.

I figured as im here, fine.

So they decide to do the wheel first and to hear the rubbing rather than open the windows they put the roof down. When they get back the roof wont go back up.

They call me to say well, to manually do the roof now will be an extra £300 to diagnose.

I said, no because the issue is a sensor and you decided to put the roof down after being told there was an issue with the sensors why should i pay extra to undo what you did.

Thus i got the car back, paid them £200 for having diagnosing absolutely nothing at all, literally all they did was put the roof down then go for a short drive in it.

Promptly drove car to normal garage and roof closed with no issues.

It was my first time taking the car to Arnold Clark and having heard horror stories about them, now i understand.
mark2410 is offline   Reply With Quote