View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 11:28   #5
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juular View Post
All good info, thanks.

Interesting about the top bulkhead mount. I have a standard bush in there but it feels a bit sloppy to say the least. I may have the same problem with a distorted mounting. I do have a powerflex bush that was given to me so I might press that in just to keep things tight.

I'm hoping it's just the lower front cushion that's gone, it sounds like that area at least.
Frankly it wouldn't be good practice to replace just the front mount. Both will have compressed substantially over time and if you just do one, you'll throw the engine out of fore/aft alignment as one mount will be considerably higher than the other and you'll jack the engine up on the new one, throwing the engine onto the old one. They compress by quite a considerable amount over time - bad ones can be compressed as much as an inch or more.

As for using the powerflex bush, if you're like me you'll hate it. The noise transmission into the cabin is dreadful and it doesn't fix the problem of a stretched housing. The plate from Skandix came with the bush already pressed in. The plate and bush isn't dear (about 40 Euro) - its the shipping, post Brexit, that kills unless they have now come to a better arrangement with their shippers.

Regards
John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote