Thread: Aflarm...?
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2021, 00:36   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exasperant View Post
Yes, I know there is no f in alarm. That might be the problem.

My clearly "rolling project" 940 arrived earlier. A few curious quirks, a couple of concerns, and much curiosity.

Not the least of which is... Do these cars have an alarm as standard? Because mine came with no fobs, and an aftermarket looking flashing led thing stuck on an A post.

Central locking works fine, but I want an alarm and the convenience of remote locking. And I'd prefer not to have the inconvenience of a dormant factory fit system waking up when I'm god knows where!
That "aftermarket looking flashing LED thing stuck to the A pillar" is in fact a Volvo factory alarm!

I think it's Guard1 but might well be wrong, i belive you can get aftermarket fobs or even genuine ones at a reasonable price and program them to the alarm but there are several other people who know the system better than me. It would help them enormously if you could give details of the MY, exact model and year so they could narrow down which you're most likely to have.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: