View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 14:46   #5
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Consider Bilstein H6 shocks / struts when the time comes.

Find a pair of control arms, swap PowerFlex poly bushings for the old rubber ones.
Ignore warnings of harsh ride. The poly bushings transformed my 2002's ride.

Also, my engine brace bar was a wobbly mess so I added the poly bushings to that.
They're small and cheap and likely don't do anything substantive.
That bar is there to hold the "link" which coaxes the engine downwards to clear the passenger compartment in the event of a collision.
That brace is not a "strut tower stiffener".

Stainless steel 'cat-back' exhaust is a popular item. I'd consider those more a parts choice than a modification.

Resist the urge to add LED lights as many on the market are still incompatible with the canbus system. People reported tons of problems back in the early days of LEDs and that makes sense to me.
While there've been improvements, there are still badly engineered LEDs out there. Beware of clearance items.

In the same vein, many have learned that hotter headlights have caused melting of the fixtures involved.

Do you have a code reader?
You might want to tap into your "retrofit budget" for a good reader first.
Research which ones can read Volvo's 'node specific' codes not just the basic codes.
You absolutely want one which clears SRS (airbag) codes as many people here have tripped this code while removing seats and certain dashboard accessories.
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote