View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 19:17   #14
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
I agree on the Cayenne comment, although they are more expensive (especially how I plan on optioning one) like you say their residuals will be stronger and you can order it exactly as you want it to be rather than with/without specific options that are/aren't available on the spec level of Volvo chosen, as such, its a better all around ownership option than Volvo and without all the AAOS & PHEV issues that come with it although I'm sure Porsche/BWM will have a few of their own for their platforms.

Volvo sealed their fate as far as my next car being one is concerned when they stopped selling the Polestar Engineered models in the UK (MY23), as such, my next car will have to be either BMW or Porsche (more likely Porsche as an X5 50e now costs similar to a Cayenne E-Hybrid so may as well go with the better car) in order to get a car that drives how I like them to drive.
I had to double check the numbers but a base Cayenne with my options was about £78k before any discount (some people say you can get a bit off them but not tried) and an Inscription XC90 B6 was £70k. Porsche finance is too expensive but the residuals are stronger so it so of evens out.

Volvo are just getting over confident about what they sell especially with the XC90 which is an old platform which should be cheaper than it is. Another brand for me next time too.