Thread: 122s mpg
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:58   #22
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Yes, of course. I’ll take some careful measurements that day and report back - I’d be most pleased with 33MPG.

The way I use GAM makes no sense of course, it would be much better to have an EV for local journeys - but that (as all correspondents to this section of the forum know) is not the point :-),

Alan
A follow up if I may...

I generally only fill up once per month so it takes a while to gather data. I did so yesterday though and GAM's consumption has shown an improvement to 23MPG (151 miles on 6.7 gallons) in April. This could be down to:
a. Pumping the tyres up to 30/32PSI rather than 20/23PSI as recommended by the owner's handbook (which would have been for cross ply tyres).

b. My general fettling improving the motor car.

c. Warmer weather requiring less choke on start up.

d. Warmer weather resulting in me using a pushbike for short trips (it is about 2 miles each way into town for example).
I still do predominantly shorter journeys in GAM (generally less than 10 miles/20 minutes when it isn't worth starting a diesel or getting the Porsche out of the garage), so I'd be surprised if it will better 25MPG in normal use. It would be nice to achieve 30MPG on my planned longer trip to Calverton in June.

:-)

Last edited by Othen; May 3rd, 2022 at 08:25.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: