View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:53   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Hi Dave,

Many thanks, and I really feel guilty in not getting what you’re meaning, it’s really difficult to try to explain, but will try to summarise the issue I have.

Will take on board your points about not using battery, very valid and glad I asked.

You mention using the harness kit from Connects 2 to connect up, my key problem is that it has the 2 ISO blocks for head unit, that’s fine.

The other 2 connector blocks on the harness are identical 14 pin blocks, albeit not all pins used, these simply don’t fit the connectors in the car at all, I’ve tried to re photograph below. They have a step on the side of each block whereas the car doesn’t????

Hope that clarifies what I’m trying to struggle with
Thanks Steve, i see the problem now! Sorry i missed it earlier, hopefully the information from Mr Grimsdale will help. I've just had a search on Dynamic Sounds website (after Autoleads site defaulted to just one specific product for many vehicles) and could only find the same patch lead as you have where the top and bottom rows of the plugs are offset.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: