View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2021, 12:25   #5
thor43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1 View Post
i didnt have a similar problem but had a similar car, have you checked the EGR valve assembly and the hose from egr to inlet manifold? i had a 2007 v70 163hp, bought with 156,000 miles and there was 10mm of oily soot around the egr valve and hose to intake manifold, cleaned it all and the car ran much much better
Yestardat i took off just the pipe that goes from the egr. Wasnt that bad i cleaned some of that gunk anyway. Messy job. Im preparing myself to do this job fully.. but i think ill need a few days of meditation before, if i want a chance to survive through this)
Anyway ill do it today or tomorrow.. and what ive forgot to say is, even if it wasnt that bad i guess i cant bw sure if the plate is really closing fully when it needs to. So yea ill have to disassemble wverything and clean it.
Another thing is.. when the car starts to act up, like i said it does only at idle, and if i turn off the car.. it shuts down like a manual with a f***** DMF. thats why i also think it could be the injectors.. even if the diagnostic shows that all five are like around +/- 0.1-0.2.. ill give this egr a go and then proceede with the injectors. I really like this car. Even tho i dont like diesels this is the best option! I actually love it haha
thor43 is offline   Reply With Quote