Thread: v70 questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 14:28   #1
pyro
Volvo V70 2.5D

Default v70 questions

Hi all,

I'm normally found lurking in the p80 v70 (tdi) forum, but having just got myself a 2005 v70 d5 auto I thought I'd better see what was going on here too!

So, couple of things to query first, I've a January 2005 v70 d5 auto (geartronic?)
I would like to fit a towbar to it, I won't be doing masses of towing, thats what my land rover is for, but it would be nice to do the local bits in luxury! So... From the reading I've been doing post 2004 cars have to have a towing module/electrickery box fitted to allow the towin electrics to work. I realise I can splice into the wiring loom with split relay, but as there is a plug (I assume!) then it would be nice to use it.

Do I need the electrickery box loom, or is there just a direct plug in 7/13pin towing plug like on the p80s?

I assume I need a v70 towbar specific, not an xc70 etc?

I've no reversing sensors so one less thing to worry about!

--
were "snow trays" or rubber mats an option for these cars? all my previous Volvos have had them in, (740, 760, 360, v70)

--
Cambelt change interval? it has done 120k, so i assume its just been done or needs doing!

--
autobox oil check/change, does it have a dipstick (other than the driver)? are fluid changes recommended?

--

I realise alot of these are fairly basic newby questions, but i'm just recovering from a heria op and trying to keep myself busy!

Many thanks!
Ben
pyro is offline   Reply With Quote