View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2021, 11:37   #147
Juular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
If you have a coolant sensor in place of the thermotime switch, it won't pass the current needed for the CSI so worth double-checking the wiring to make sure you haven't pulled the temp gauge sensor.

It sounds as if either your servo or the non-return valve is shot from what you say about hitting the brakes. As for that stub that presents no vacuum, clean it internally with some carb & air intake cleaner and a piece of stiff wire or a small drill bit. It should alter the idle when removed and could be that it's not operating something that it should. It will either be going to the PCV system or the vacuum advance on the distributor, both of which will effect the running, especially at idle.
I'm fairly certain the non return valve is alright - I took it off and tried blowing through it, it does seem completely airtight one way.

If the booster was gone would I still get the whoosh of air after leaving the engine off for a while? That sounds like it's retaining vacuum acceptably well?

Good idea on cleaning the ports. I've also pulled the throttle body and flame trap and I'm giving them a good clean.

Didn't see a gasket on the throttle body. Normal?

Is the PCV a common source of issues on these?

Didn't realise there were two temperature senors but that makes complete sense.

The car starts and idles without the CSI plugged in so I'm going to leave that out of the equation for the moment.

Thanks for the feedback.
Juular is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post: