Thread: Uttoxeter
View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 22:42   #27
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
John, thank you for your kind sentiment. I only decided to enter the car for judging, once there, as I am not a trophy hunter or a propshaft polisher - I just like to have a clean car in nice condition and all factory spec. It was therefore a pleasant surprise to be among the award winners.

I did also think that the missing part of the day was not being able to identify fellow forum members there - even if we missed each other in person, it would be good to be able to identify each other's cars. Perhaps a little identifying note in the windscreen would be useful; at least we might be able to put a car to a forum name in the future.
yes it can be difficult to match members to cars. made even more so as they wander away from there own cars to look at other cars which are being shown plus the folk who just like to go to car shows milling around . but if you go to enough events you will learn some faces and recognise cars and number plates .and talk with like minded volvo club members . the volvo family is huge
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post: