Thread: Uttoxeter
View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 21:47   #24
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
Congratulations, 'ITSv40', I'm sorry that we missed you. It was a good turnout, wasn't it? I didn't submit my V70, as I felt that the judges might not regard it's obvious 'patina' with the same fondness that I do! It did cross my mind that it might be helpful to have some way of identifying fellow forum members at events such as today's, or do you think they might prefer to retain the anonimity that a 'virtual' presence permits?

Regards, John.
John, thank you for your kind sentiment. I only decided to enter the car for judging, once there, as I am not a trophy hunter or a propshaft polisher - I just like to have a clean car in nice condition and all factory spec. It was therefore a pleasant surprise to be among the award winners.

I did also think that the missing part of the day was not being able to identify fellow forum members there - even if we missed each other in person, it would be good to be able to identify each other's cars. Perhaps a little identifying note in the windscreen would be useful; at least we might be able to put a car to a forum name in the future.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: