View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2022, 12:17   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
Sadly, I haven't been able to get a straight answer from my dealership who have now mentioned that when they type it into their system it says it should be done every 3 years. I have had it confirmed that it was last done in 2017 at 40k probably when the recall was done. I've now contacted Volvo UK to check. It's not that I don't believe the kind people here - but if it goes, I can't point to a post on here - and there are several places on the internet that say different things. Also if the dealership have said their technician said to replace it and I didn't I will need to have something to back me up. I made a mistake about the Cam Belt, it's not next year but the following year, so I will be going 2 years without having it done from this point forward. I can't believe how much time I've had to waste on this. It's now been left that they will do it unless I ask them not to!
The fact they had to check on their system makes things look doubtful , they should know these things from memory doing so many a day / week , unless they are new in which case they should not be answering technical calls.

Try Keith Price Volvo Abergavenny they will advise you properly..

01873 857644