View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 18:29   #4
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IguanaMAM View Post
If you are getting hold of a 'New' XC60 with the Sensus Navigation system, if you put the nav into 2D mode the compass icon in the top right of the main screen comes to life - Hope that helps.
Many thanks for that info

As far as I’m aware, my XC60 will have the new Google maps system, so hopefully it will also be able to display a compass in addition to the satnav route guide map. Failing this an aftermarket digital compass that can sit near to the rear-view mirror would work ok.

I have found the mirror compass to be a real lifesaver at times, especially if the satnav route guide map decides to try and take you in a bizarre direction. This happened recently when an A road was blocked by the police, and the satnav insisted the route was fine. I had to then take a very off the beaten track single lane diversion using the mirror compass as a guide and ignoring the satnav.

From what I have found out it, it appears that the mirror compass is still fitted into the XC60s made for the USA region. It would be great if you could buy the mirror compass unit from Volvo USA and then install it into a UK XC60. But it’s probably not that easy to do, even if you could.

Cheers