View Single Post
Old Jan 1st, 2022, 18:08   #65
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Now this is an interesting one. I’d almost forgotten about Rikvdub crowing about selling his motor car at an absurdly high price, but then I saw the very same motor car advertised on eBay today:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-240...-127635-2958-0

Ho hum, it looks like the motor car wasn’t exported to the USA after all, and languishes in Hertfordshire.

:-)

PS. I’ll report back at the end of the auction to let you know whether the motor car gets any bids over the £3,500 starting price.
As promised, the auction has ended so here is the report: Rikvdub’s 240 didn’t get any bids at the opening price of £3,500, in spite of having over a hundred watchers. One would have to conclude, I believe, that the market spoken and considered the motor car interesting but worth less than £3,500.

It seems unlikely (to me) that Rikvdub will sell the motor car for £5,500 via C&C or £4,850 via Facebook now that buyers have worked out he didn’t get an offer at £3,500. We may well see it a few more times… :-)

It couldn’t have happenened to a nicer chap (apologies, that one just slipped out in a moment of weakness).

:-)

Last edited by Othen; Jan 1st, 2022 at 18:34.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: