Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 14:21   #2930
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleBoy View Post
Those sets have been on the market a while. Although refurbs with cheap tyres are always going to be a hard sell; if I'm dropping over a monkey on new wheels I'm not going to want to cheap out on the rubber.

The £75 set is back up for £100, so the collection only appears to be an issue. One spare in Bristol for £55 isn't shifting either.

Virgos were being offered for £200-250 six months ago, but those sets have found a home eventually. I'm looking for a set, but not at current prices.
I didn't see the previous auction of these wheels:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144621291...gAAOSwiFhio3ng

... but I rather suspect the seller bid the £75 himself and then reported that the buyer didn't show up. They have been advertised again at a higher starting price, so the seller probably just decided he wanted a bit more. I've heard that is a common tactic with online auctions and saves paying extra to set a reserve.

Good fortune in your search for some Virgo wheels - they suit 240s very well indeed.

:-)

PS. I notice the seller doesn't mention they are Virgo wheels in the ad, so he probably isn't a Volvo bloke. Not many folk looking for Virgo wheels would have found those in a search.