View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 13:28   #13
Zander99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
Though I'm no front end expert I must agree. Severe wandering isn't a symptom of worn subframe bushings. Maybe after replacing the control arm the bushings in the other other, now mismatched, have died.
Tie rod ends are wear items and you haven't mentioned inspecting them. A little play in those puppies (either inner or outer) gives you wobbles.

My opinion: The inserts do afford some stiffening but not much. I experienced negligible objectionable vibration.
I will try another mechanic. The more I read the less convinced I am that it is the bushings lol.

I will try lift the car and look for play in the track rod ends, though you are probably right on the money with the other control arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPower View Post
Personally I would steer (no pun intended) well clear of the subframe bush inserts, the marginal improvement in front end control is far outweighed with cabin vibration and the increase in ride harshness. The improvements since I removed mine has been substantial.
My ride is horrible, I dont think it could get any worse Everytime I drive I find myself swearing at every bump on the road