Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 14:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
They might be but so far what you've said doesn't put me off thinking that with some ATF in with the petrol they may just get clean enough to start flowing again. As you've already done more work than i thought, just adding the ATF to the tank would be all that's needed. However if you add the meths and ATF to a litre or 2 of fuel to mix it it will go in easier.

The in-tank pump is about 20psi but something like 80-100 galls/hour flow, the main pressure pump (sounds like you've located it) is lower flow but depending on the exact pump fitted will be in the region of 60-90psi. As you appear to have plenty of flow but very little pressure (compared to what the injectors need) the hammer trick on that underbody pump combined with the ATF might just get it running better. It's almost free so worth a try especially as ultrasonic injector cleaning is about £15 (+VAT usually) per injector :

https://www.emeraldm3d.com/emerald-s...ditioning.html

Not sure if they do K-Jet injectors, just electronic ones so i'd suggest a phone call to check before sending them off.
Many thanks again Dave, I'll get back to the car next week and try the pressure pump hammer trick and a ATF. I contacted a company who cleans the injectors, however he does think that the injectors may not benefit from a clean as they have been sitting in the car unused and without fuel since 1998 that they may well have corrosion in side and even if they get them free of debris there would be a chance that the seats will be pitted and with the cost of cleaning, new injectors would be a better bet. We will check first though what you are suggesting just to make sure.
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1978 For This Useful Post: