View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2019, 12:29   #2064
ChrisFromFrance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvov602015 View Post
Wow so where do I start. I've had my V60 for 1 month and in that time I've had to put in 1 litre of engine oil after 2 weeks and another litre 2 weeks later.

Two days ago on the dual carriageway I felt a loss in power and the car eventually went into 'tortoise' limp mode.

I then got a diagnostic check (a mates snapon) and it came up with the EGR fault. See photo of diagnostic below.

https://ibb.co/cD1NBH2

These codes were removed/reset.
Today the limp mode has gone and I have full power back however I'm very concerned this might be temporary.

The paperwork that came with the car suggests the EGR valve and cooling pipe? Was replaced in December 2018.

I then called Volvo Colchester who have serviced the car since new. (Last one in July 2018 at 125,000).
They advised me that given the high mileage Volvo UK would definitely not give any goodwill to this repair. They based this on the fact that Lex Autolease who owned the car previously who buy thousands of Volvo had to pay the full balance for the last EGR change.

What do you guys advise? I can get it cleaned for £60 at my local garage. Would this help at all? Any other recommendations?

My local Volvo dealer has said they need to diagnose the faults themselves and give me the bill for the diagnostic. And then contact Volvo UK to see if they will do anything towards it. In the mean time i have to pay for there diagnostic and a hire car etc.

Help please.

Hi Volvov602015

Please read my differents contributions, you will know my V60 2014 history.
To summarize, my car has 83000 miles (132000kms), the engine burns 1 liter oil every 625 miles (1000kms) since the car had reached 52000miles.
I had had the EGR system fixed 4 times, last in november 2018.

What happened to you, the previous owner buy a new car ( probably he knew that the engine was burning oil) and you car was sold without any indication.

With my V60, I don't want to do that because as I know the problem, I'm responsible and I must tell to the buyer my engine problem....

Try to cancel the sale if possible.

To fix the oil consumption you need to replace the piston rings (your engine may have important leakage).

My VIN if you need it : YV1FW73CDE1198717

As a diagnostic they will made a leakage test => about 1000€
Then, they will ask you to remove the breech (1500€ more... and the car will become unavailable unless you put back the breech ... add 1500€)
Then , they will probably ask you either to change the engine (12000€) but will they participate ? At what rate?

For my own I give up...to expensive 1liter Castrol 0W20 is sold at 10€ /liter on the web.

Good luck
Regards
Christophe

Last edited by ChrisFromFrance; Mar 27th, 2019 at 12:36.
ChrisFromFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisFromFrance For This Useful Post: