Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 21:37   #67

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Meadows View Post
The picture shows the type of clip fitted to the Volvo 240:~
1988 2.0L Estate in this case but will apply to many others.

Any use?
Bob.
Thank for the links chaps. All sorted with the clips, plus new caps, leads, dissy back in. Got the exhaust back on after fitting new core plug. It would not start, so removed 1 of the injectors. No fuel at all. Removed 2 others just to make sure. Yep, nothing, I took the plunger out of the injection distributor and refitted it the other way up. A few seconds on the starter and fuel at the injectors, all good. Injectors were put back in, car started, but rang on 5 cylinders, then 4, 3, 2 and finally stopped, cranked it over and over. Removed a spark plug, soaking wet, dried it off, connected the HT lead and cranked it for spark....Nothing. No, not entirely true. It was sparking right down inside the plug.
Removed 5 plugs, dried them all off.
Again we checked the plugs for spark before refitting, all had good spark. Refitted them again, car starts, then slowly dies. Once again, Removed one plug, no spark and plug wet. Then noticed it was again sparking right down the bottom of the plug. I guess these new plugs are rubbish.
New set ordered. In the meantime, water pump has started to leak, great! Noticed this as the car has been sitting on the 2 post ramp for the last 2 weeks untouched. Today I see engine oil dripping every 4 seconds from the front engine cover, there is a pool of engine oil on the floor. I walked under the car not 1 hour ago and the floor was wet with coolant from the water pump. And now this.
I will post a photo of where the oil is dripping from, hopefully you guys might be able to help me.
I think this car is becoming a loosing battle, just on 6 grand spent on a 3 grand car, its really starting to get me down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240326_193947.jpg (136.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20240326_193931.jpg (195.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by 1978; Mar 26th, 2024 at 21:41.
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1978 For This Useful Post: