View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 22:05   #26
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile How it works

Yes you can just re-connect it, basically every 5th engine switch off (engine needs to run then be shut off) ie you cant mimic this by turning the ignition from off to on 5 times!, you will see the stepper drive fully in each direction, i think it uses the load /current on the motor to detect when its hitting the limit, and will then reverse the direction till it hits the limit the other way, this is basically what over stresses the link (mine had one of the 4 plastic retainers inside the socket broken off). I would definitely recommend making a rubber stop to stop the stepper arm very close to its limit (this bit takes some adjusting as it only calibrates every 5th switch off) a pic of my attempt attached (unfortunately some recent changes on the forum have meant old pictures with posts have been lost for the moment). Also some info on what the swirl throttles do, worth taking some time to drill the butterfly carefully as its a fairly expensive job to replace the swirl throttle's (all plastic part), but if you follow the above you should have something that wont fall apart again anytime soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumpstp_4d.JPG (80.1 KB, 1588 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf swirl_Pages.pdf (103.1 KB, 670 views)
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post: