View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2022, 02:14   #8
suttsV70

By way of an update, I sourced a full PCV kit from FRF and transmission fluid from Opie Oils and the car goes in to a garage tomorrow to have these replaced.

A couple of weeks ago I also had an auto electrician round to investigate the fuel flap and boot locking issue. What I hadn’t originally realised was that the tailgate wasn’t locking at all when I locked the car using the fob, although I had found out by the time he came round.

The cabin switch was tested and working fine, and I suspected wiring to be the issue for both problems. After extensive testing the electrician declared the wiring to the tailgate to be ok, and the lock/catch unit itself to be kaput. He believes the fuel flap problem is a broken wire (probably in the driver’s door) as he was able to activate the solenoid for it ok by plugging into the OBD port.

With a deep breath I therefore ordered a new boot catch/lock unit from FRF and got round to fitting it today using the trusty Haynes manual as a guide. I’m pleased to say that I now have a boot that locks and unlocks as it should!

As a bonus I renewed all the trim clips (it had already had a repair kit fitted but with some clips missing or broken) and added some polyester wadding behind it when refitting the tailgate trim. Happily this has resolved an irritating creaky rattle from the trim panel.
suttsV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suttsV70 For This Useful Post: