View Single Post
Old Mar 24th, 2022, 15:36   #5
suttsV70

Smile

Thank you all, and for the welcome. Yes I’ve seen a few of Roberts DIY videos and they do look very helpful!

I agree on the gearbox oil change and will plan this in with the PCV work. I’ve had a fairly firm pull on the yellow gearbox dipstick to check the colour/state of the oil but it doesn’t wish to come out at the moment…am I just not using enough force?!

So with PCV hoses, I’m all for OEM so would you order from a Volvo dealer or is there some else in the UK that would stock OEM PCV parts?

I’m assuming that as the bootlid release is also not working from inside the car (central locking is fine) that it will most likely be wiring causing the fuel flap release problem. I have had a look behind the lower bulb cluster panel but there isn’t a release wire that I can see (pic). How difficult is it to remove the remainder of the off side carpeted side panel? Presumably need to remove most of that side’s plastic trim above it and maybe the vertical one next to the boot lid?

The temptation to fit the new plastic catch is strong, but I realise I will likely just lock the fuel flap shut if I do!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7C6041F9-9111-42D9-A46F-9D629AD312EA.jpg (291.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg AE50E079-07E5-44F0-9056-B7CE0962D08E.jpg (161.6 KB, 20 views)
suttsV70 is offline   Reply With Quote