View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2020, 22:33   #19
venomtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanc View Post
What variant of diesel engine is it? 2.0D, D3 or D5?
Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor and driving it?
Have you checked for any split turbo boost hoses? Mine split and it threw a MAF error.
There's also a TMAP sensor down in the turbo pipe... but I've not read of it causing your issues.

It's a shame I can't help more, because I have vida/dice sitting here and also an S80 I can't drive right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanc View Post
I saw you'd replaced it, it's worth a try - it's free! Mine drives pretty much the same with it unplugged, although it does rev higher on startup until it settles down.

I have a Dice (clone I believe) unit purchased from cheshired5 and he sent a copy of Vida 2014D. That's the latest version usable without a subscription. It's usable and lots of interesting diagnostics in there.

You didn't mention what version of the diesel engine you have?

Out of curiosity, how much did your transmission re-build cost?
I'm seeing the error I made. I'll correct it but it was actually just a full transmission oil change. My god if it was a full rebuild I don't think I'd ever be prepeared so see such a bill.

2006 D5, on paper the 185HP one but as far as I remember one time at a different expensive mechanic he said it was the 205HP variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg55 View Post
Was your MAF sensor replaced with a new OEM Bosch one? Because new non-OEM (cheap) ones are known to be unreliable. If you can swap out the MAF with a known good one, that would rule it out. Your symptoms do sound like a MAF fault, although could be a number of other things.
Yes it was a genuine MAF sensor for about £95 not one of those chinese parts. I never buy Chinese parts. Not worth it
venomtail is offline   Reply With Quote