View Single Post
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 23:06   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
Oh, I'm glad you asked, 'cos I don't know either!

It be one of they Andrew - don't worry, 240s don't have them! (Or at least didn't last time i drove one) They're 7/9xx models only but facelifted 760s don't have them either and i believe, neither do 960s for the same reason that the hazard warning switch is a traditional rocker switch in the dash that also contains the flasher relay. If memory serves, 240s have a larger rocker switch in the upper centre console and a separate flasher relay elsewhere but the 7/940 models have the hazard warning switch built into the indicator/flasher stalk on the steering column. Like many cars with a similar arrangement, the cap tends to be somewhat fragile and the lugs on it get broken all too easily. It used to be an MoT failure, presumably still is. I know Ford ones 25 years ago used to break for fun, used to keep them in stock as it was always hand yo be able to help a customer pass their MoT.

In fact the Ford cap isn't that different to the Volvo one, i've often wondered if they're interchangeable..............

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: