View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 11:49   #5
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman 90 View Post
Modern top flight all season tyres really are very good, and the best of them are also 3 peaks snow rated too.

Back home in Northern Alberta would swap tyres, but over here the all weather tyres are ideally suited to the job.

It all depends really where the needle sits on your personal scale of compromise. Having said that, coming from a climate of greater extremes than here as I do, I think its difficult to justify the expense and effort.

But it's your call.

I've used Cross Climates and Hankook Kinergy 4S2's on our XC90s with good results. Theoretically they may lose a percentage point or two in the extremes handling in hot weather, but thats well beyond the limits of the XC's handling anway. In normal conditions they're easily as good as the OE Pirellis, in the wet and cold they're miles ahead, particularly the Hankooks. They've also proven capable in what passes for snow here, whereas the Pirelli's would have just rolled on their backs and surrendered.
This - and because you & I are darn sarf, then a more road-oriented AS like the Hankooks are perfect. If I was up in Scotlandcestershire then I'd choose an AS which was more down the snow end of the spectrum. Mytyres tests are really good in helping to choose what works.
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote