View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 09:40   #22
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
I'd hope not. Just? Just? eh? When? Each is a very different system, hence the pad specs for each. As soon as you change disc diameter, the systems whilst using the same caliper have not even a remote connection, everything changed. There's a helluva lot more going on than "They just move the caliper out" isn't the? (Please say to yourself you see why?) Don't answer that here, this is not a Physics lesson or any brake thread. That's another thread entirely.
The main reason the bigger (302mm/16 inch) brakes came about was because plod had a moan as they weren't up to the standard of repeated heavy braking so volvo needed to find a quick solution (presumably to within a budget) that could be quickly and easily retrofitted to the existing police cars.

I've seen the volvo parts catalogue for these cars - I'm guessing from your answer that you haven't.

As I said before the 17 inch kit is a completely different system - no arguement there.

I don't even know why we are arguing tbh. Putting the 17 inch kit aside the 302mm kit is better than the 280mm and even better when used with the police pads (at the sacrifice of mileage for the pads as they don't last as long for obvious reasons). Does it really matter that we have to go into the whole "physics" background on everything?

PS I do have an A level in physics and I'm not a fan of your tone presuming that I need teaching. You also don't get to choose "who comments what" on the forum - that's the moderators job.

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R

Last edited by acshortt5; Mar 1st, 2017 at 09:50.
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote