View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 15:53   #3
HerC70

I have wondered about the Volvo OEM unit in respect of trying to find one in the same way that Audi owners often have OEM kit fitted to their cars even if it wasn't specced when new. There's a big aftermarket for that with Audi but I don't know if it exists, or if the kit is even available or at what cost for Volvo.

Has anyone ever had any experience of taking original Volvo kit such as Nav enabled pop-up gear (perhaps on the likes of eBay?) and upgrading a lesser specified car?

The whole head unit system is clever in some respects because of the proprietary nature and how it locks you down to their product, but ten times as frustrating in other respects when you want to add Nav/bluetooth etc.

Initially I thought the controls for fan/aircon etc would show their settings in LED style or some other form on the controls themselves, but no. I don't really want to have to guess what temperature it is inside the car or what the fan speed is, etc (not to mention the fact that I think the clock setting, home-lights etc is managed from the menu too).
HerC70 is offline   Reply With Quote