View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 13:58   #8
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi,

Right, have been putting this off too long, main fuel pump still very noisy, and now think it's point of no return to pull the in tank pump/ sender unit.

Had seen a possible other cause was fuel pressure regulator, haven't got a pressure tester, but as some on US forums had posted, a quick check was to pull the vacuum line to see if any petrol or fumes, dry as a bone and no smell of fuel, bugger!!

Contacted FRF for price for genuine in tank pump and filter sock, gasket and locking ring - emailed me back, and almost fell off my chair at north of £470+. ......

As Dave had suggested earlier in the post, Airtex one on order from Rock Auto, this along with filter sock + Bosch main pump as well including carriage £115, should be here next week🤞 As main pump been straining, it's bound to go soon.

How good a deal this will be, remains to be seen, knowing my luck I've probably ordered the wrong pumps.

I want to minimise risk of getting into the job and not having a small item needed, so would like some suggestions on additional parts to get -:

1. Seen mentions that hoses on the top of tank are differing sizes, would like to get stainless hose clamps to replace all that are on there, what sizes will I need please?
2. Possible the length of hose from in tank pump to tank outlet may have a split, what size fuel hose is this? I realise it needs to be R10 rated for submersion.
3. Obviously will pull negative lead from battery before doing anything, does this mess up anything else, ECU etc, standard radio I have the code for I think, but have a new head unit ready to go in when I get a moment.

I think with Daves advice earlier in post I should be able to sort this issue, any other pointers anyone may have would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: