View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 11:18   #13
kiloran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnparry View Post
Thanks Forrest.

We have security lights (but no camera) although some of the action was captured on a near neighbour's camera.

Another neighbour with security lights had the cat from their MX5 stolen at the same time. It was on their drive, right outside their front window and they saw it happening. When they tried to open their front door the thieves prevented them opening it by holding a crow bar on the door handle. By the time they got through the house and out the garden gate the deed was done and the guys were calmly walking down the street to the getaway car. These people seem to have no fear about being seen or being challenged at all.

I always thought this sort of thing happened at dead of night but this was just before 7 PM. Seems we are not safe at any time.

Cheers,
LeeP
We have a crowbar and a baseball bat just inside the front door for such eventualities. And being a big bloke, with a neighbour made of granite who's wider than he is tall, we seem not to have these issues yet. Free security lighting from the house over the road which is a bit of a pain most of the time because it's too sensitive, but suspect it helps discourage the scrotes.

I wouldn't fancy getting under a 940, they're not exactly high off the ground if they drop off a jack.