View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 11:21   #29
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I was thinking forward to changing that rear seal on the RB when swapping the auto box Luke. Would I be right in thinking an auto box would have some sort of drive plate (with a starter ring attached) instead of the flywheel - but that it would come off in the same way?

Obviously it would make sense to change that seal while the gearbox is off.

Alan
Yes Alan, autos have a drive plate (sometimes called a flex-plate) instead of a more traditional flywheel. The torque converter serves the purpose of being the flywheel in terms of weight.

Worth investing in either new patch bolts or throughly cleaning the old ones and using some Loctite 243 threadlock before their final torquing when refitting.

I would suggest using your existing driveplate with the AW70/71 TC bolted to it on your B21A assuming the TC will bolt to it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the PCD on the TC mounting bolts is different so that may mean you have to use a B230 driveplate. Also use a spot of Loctite 243 on the TC bolts on their final fitting.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: