Thread: V70 p3.5?
View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 21:52   #17
jasons6930

Lovely drive back today, very smooth and relaxing.

Only thing i did notice was a slight clonk going in to first at a junction which i never picked up on the test drive, although the gearbox was probably not up to temp when i drove it.

With that, ill get an fluid change done asap and hope that sorts it at Horton cars although i have an ODB scanner coming so ill plug that in and see if that throws up any problems.

Got the price of a cam belt change off the car and my local Volvo dealer is going to do that, tensioner and aux belts so that is result, along with a health check.

the only odd thing i have found so far is the footwell lighting is on the drivers side. It looks like there should be one on the passenger side as there appears to be a cut out for it, but no wiring as far as i could see.

Also, the Xenon headlights are not great on dipped beam, although i suspect a new pair of bulbs will cure that as i don't really know how long they have been in there, so i have ordered a pair of Philips Xtreme Vision Gen2 Xenon lamps, along with a pair of matching H7 for the additional Main beam units.

I did also put some new Bosch Aero Twin wiper blades on it as the ones that were on there had Volvo stamped on them and almost looked like they were the originals from the factory!

And the rear wiper arm droops so i'll look into that as its very loose in the park position and can be moved down below the glass.

Last edited by jasons6930; Jan 15th, 2022 at 21:56.
jasons6930 is offline   Reply With Quote