Thread: Delivery News
View Single Post
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 17:18   #24
Mrb1203

At the beginning of August my dealer found a factory complete XC60 T8 R Design Pro with everything I wanted, BLIS, 360 Camera and a few other toys, the original delivery date was quoted as 1st October, which came and went, the next window I was given by the dealer was 10th to 14th of the same month, this came and went as well without the car arriving.

I wrote to Volvo Customer Relations who finally gave in and told me the car is still in Xi'an China and there there are significant issues with the train schedule. At the moment Volvo and I quote "are trying to secure a route via shipment via boat."

All of which means I won't see my "new" car for around 7 months, assuming a boat can be located in the next couple of weeks, which I think is very poor for a factory complete order and I wonder how factory fresh the vehicle is going to be when it finally arrives!

How Volvo UK can be feeding dealers delivery information like I've received when the car is still on another continent is beyond me and the lack of honesty and transparency has taken the gloss off having a new car and I'm considering hanging on to the diesel XC60 I currently have and cancelling the order.

Good luck to those of you that have T8 XC60's cars in the system and coming from China, I hope you have better luck than me.
Mrb1203 is offline   Reply With Quote