View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 09:57   #1
JonnyA

Default main dealer service Qs

Hi all
Just wondering if my expectations are misaligned with Volvos with regards to servicing:
as part of an annual service should i expect the dealer to ....
- plug the car in and check that all systems are good and report any faults / code found.
- top the fluids up if they are below max but above minimum.

(disclosure) I had my XC70 serviced yesterday & when i dropped it i off mentioned that i have an intermittant parking sensor failure (they usually ask if there are any issues, but not this time). They advised that plugging it in to do a diagnostic would be £85 as they only plugged it in for the software upgrade during the service!
Needless to say i didn't pay an extra £85 and they reported a sensor down and quoted for repair.
Pretty shocking to me that the service team think that the car is not checked for fault codes etc during the service and they can sting customers for an extra for doing this.
and in my post service checks this morning (i know it's sad that i feel i have to do this) i notice that the brake fluid is where i left it - slightly above minimum.
I know it is above the min mark so its OK but as an annual big check I would have glugged a bit in just to top it up as the lid was off anyway. Its been on a service plan which offered free fluid top ups any time, so its not something they wouldn't have done if i'd asked.

They also left a smear of grease on the footwell carpet - it cleaned off fairly easily & can't be bothered to report it back to them. yes stuff happens but it's just a bit disappointingly slap dash.
ex - 1999 V40 2.0SE
ex - 1988 740 GL estate, before that a 340 GL
JonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote