View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2022, 08:10   #6
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Indeed, currently watching now.

General feeling is that everyone in the whole manufacturing and production process is just trying it on.

Trouble is that it doesn't just apply to car sector, it's virtually every sector.

Fine example for me at the weekend, took the hounds to Southwold beach at 7am to try to avoid the heat, called at high st bakery for sausage roll, that will be £5 please...... my local butcher just 250yrds from where I live has probably better product, at £1.25, price unchanged since last 4-5 years.....

I know I had previously bought said same product around 3 years ago and I'm sure it was about £2 so the arguement of high rents, tourist hot spot etc just do not add up, and I'm damned sure the staff aren't getting the benefit.

i know Southwold is a bit of a tourist gold mine, but it's nearest to me and the hounds love a splash in the sea, but there is no way I'm going to pay a fiver for a sausage roll.

I declined their request for £5, and walked out, perhaps since hitting 55 my shame filter has gone absent.....

If the punters don't buy, then the retailers of whatever product, will consider their position...... hopefully.

Cheers
Steve

Went there a lot at one time Steve, used to stay on Cautley Road, not any more. The poor local young folks don’t stand a chance of a house. You need this years “ City “ bonus for doing nothing , to buy one !

Ghost town Monday to Thursday, then Audi,Beemer, Merc everywhere for the weekend.

I know it’s not alone in that, it’s such a shame.☹️