View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2022, 00:58   #4
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Twas a good watch, touched on many points including the write offs which imo is a direct result of the lack of cars, a lot of write offs are financial ones rather than safety ones so not cut n' dried as such, however a few other things to note, any salesman working at a dealer that simply buys in and sells out will be under the illusion that everything they sell is clean, it's company policy but even the company gets caught out, Car Giant I think came out of it really well considering, you can also look up a Facebook an excellent website called Dodgy Cars where someone has taken the effort to list every write off he see's and all you need do is type the reg into Google and if he's listed it it will ping straight up in the results,

The hire car thing is interesting as they buy in volume regularly but have been unable to so have kept older cars themselves that otherwise would be on a forecourt now, notice a lot of 19's with 55k on them, these are the last reliable stock the hire companies had and will the hire companies have the flow in future to actually replenish stock having had their model reduced to nothing during 2 lockies,

@ Steve, you're correct it is increases for the sake of it with a lot of things, certain pubs haven't been slow coming forwards as usual so much so you'd think they were selling unleaded and diesel, I'd have politely said no also and walked, have a look at a "large" Cod in the fish n' chippy it's shrunk somewhat in my experience, here's another P take, gallon of fuel £8.50? pint of beer £4? 8 pints in a gallon means £32 a gallon for beer, process is similar, both are refined by heating them up, both need delivering to outlets and the beer won't do 40+ to the gallon,

Almost forgot, the theft aspect, I know I've been banging on about it but if you have a KESSY car you need an RFID blocker, people have been taking note as I've seen a lot of the online sellers sell out recently.

Last edited by SnineT; Aug 16th, 2022 at 01:12.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post: