View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2021, 09:22   #41
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
I picked up my new car today and I also found a few bits of plastic wedged between the cushion and back of the rear seats. Other than that, pretty happy with what I’ve picked up.

One small snag: they fit the wrong number plate on the car! Going back to get the correct one fitted. The one on all the paperwork is correct but the actual one on the car is one letter out. “We don’t usually check that the workshop has fitted the correct plate”. Hopefully I don’t get stopped by police wondering why my car is not a silver Mini Cooper...
It's great that there was nothing else wrong with your new car. The last thing you want is being left with a choice of accepting a damaged new car, or waiting bloody weeks for a replacement.

I know that whenever I have bought a used car in the past, you always get told "you can't expect it to be like new, but it's in good condition". So, the only time you can expect it to be like new, is when you first collect the 'new' car. After that, you will always hear the argument that it is not new.

This is why I intend of going over it with a fine toothed comb, no matter if I come across as being a little overly vigilant.
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote