View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2022, 22:34   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omc 47 View Post
Indeed Dave,
he was one of those guys that assumed that he owned the road up to the white line out in the open countryside on a double centre white line.

Problems began after l blew the horn the engine died and l coasted to a stop only for him to cycle past me...........................
Ah, the dreaded Voodoo Cyclist Andy!

They view any overt attempt at communication as aggessive (whether it is or not) and use that (assumed) negative energy to invoke gremlins to attack your vehicle and/or you.

They should never be trusted and certainly never communicated with!

I thought it was just me and i'd been unlucky having encountered a one-off Voodoo Cyclist but you are the latest in a long line of many that has confirmed similar experiences. Last one i encountered caused the output cable from the alternator to break away from the crimp terminal on the back of the alternator on my last 740GLE. Late at night (~2330 hrs), car trailer on the back with a Rover 827 Coupe on it and the headlights start getting dim about 6 miles from home. They'd not been right for a while by then but with the lighting on the motorway/dual carriageway and lighting from others on the A roads it hadn't really been noticeable.
A USA spec car pulled out of the road i was going to turn into soon and his left-hand-drive headlamps dazzled me so i touched the brakes to reduce my speed so i could see enough of the road to continue safely. That was enough to stop the fuel pumps which killed the engine and i coasted into a lay-by.
After a very long day (and only vaguely remembering the cyclist on the roundabout in Milton Keynes that had cut me up) i didn't think of the obvious but my passenger did - swap the battery from the Coupe into the 745 and get home that way.
Meanwhile that cyclist in MK thought he got one over on me!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: