Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2022, 22:06   #30

I have finally got around to starting the Volvo after fitting the new injectors, it just cranked and cranked, thought it might have needed bleeding until I cracked open the few injector connections to see air bubbles. Still would not start, so unscrewed the fuel line to the filter to find no fuel at all. It was out of gas So much for the fuel gauge showing 1/4 tank!
Fed a gallon of gas in her and after a few cranks she started. Then after a couple of minutes she started to run rough and rougher like she was over fuelling to the stage that it was hunting badly and choking herself up with fuel. It would clear if I revved the engine high but when it came back to idling it was back to hunting badly and after about 6 minutes it ran out of gas again.
I was thinking that the cold start valve had stuck open, I disconnected what I think is the cold start valve wiring but it still sounded like it was on full fuel.
Not being familiar with the engine component's, is there another part to disconnect to try and stop this over fuel issue.
Many thanks Peter
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote