View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 10:32   #29
4x4
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by attilat5 View Post
Great thread, looking good!

How come you’re replacing the front bumper? Is it damaged or upgrade?

Have you had good experience with the rubber clenz? I’ve searched quite a bit and found g-techniq c4 has had good reviews. Would be good to compare

Thanks for your kind words, I'm trying to keep the car factory original hence my attention to detail.

I've used G-Tecniq C4 a few times and it is very good, lasted about 6-8 months on my wife's Mini before it needed reapplied, the only downside I found was having to prep the plastic before cleaning as you need to ensure everything is squeaky clean to obtain the best results.

I don't know how the Rubber Clenz will do, I have a feeling the dust is going to stick to the surface but as it's silicon free it will clean off easily enough to allow me to use the G-Techniq C4 if I need to. The Rubber Clenz is applied with a paintbrush so topping up isn't going to be a faff unlike the G-Techniq.

I gave the front bumper a second coat this morning, willl leave to to soak in and dry then buff off the excess with a soft cloth to knock back the sheen to a more subtle finish

The original owner's son told me when he sold the car there were a few bumps and marks on the front bumper which explains why it has been repaired. The chap who bought the 850 from the original family told them he was a Volvo enthusiast and he had been looking for an 850 for a while. It turns out he was a car dealer who was wanting to get a nice car to make a fat profit. Anyhow he had the front bumper repainted with textured paint in black and it looks awful and not in keeping with the car. I spoke to my paint guy and he said it would be almost impossible to replicate the original finish and to try and find another bumper

I also fitted the orange side repeaters this morning so another little job that makes all the difference

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5782 copy.jpg (237.0 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5783.jpg (177.3 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5784.JPG (390.4 KB, 211 views)
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post: