Thread: Amazon: - Air Filter Adaptor
View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 19:49   #9
edworcs

Default Thanks!

Thanks to all who responded. Very much appreciated.

Derek asked some good questions (as usual). Thanks.

Quote:
If you take the cap off and put your hand over the hole you shouldn't feel the air wanting to come out. If it does your system is closed the wrong way.
Yes, I can feel air coming out. I held a paper towel above the rocker cover opening and it was blowing upwards. Does this mean I should swap the hoses around and connect the "ear" oil trap to the carb and the oil filler cap to the manifold?

Quote:
Do you have the small PCV valve in the hose just above the ear? If so is it fitted the right way round.
No. I've attached a photo. It is the ear with the flame trap in it.

Quote:
Not sure why that hose is so long but not a problem.
Well, since I've tried pretty much every available configuration one of the tests was to route the ear to fresh air. I did this by routing the hose to the grill under the brake servo (see attached) and to do this I needed a long bit of hose. I've since cut it back so that it looks "about right".

Quote:
If the engine runs OK otherwise you probably have the correct nipple in the manifold at the other end of that hose.
Well, the engine does run pretty well, other than the oil leak. Fingers crossed the current set up will cure this. I'll report back once I've had a chance to drive the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ear_pipe_to_grill.jpg (240.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ear.jpg (135.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg new_plumbing.jpg (209.0 KB, 10 views)
edworcs is offline   Reply With Quote