Thread: New pride & joy
View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:30   #30
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHI View Post
Deffo going to polish up my car - that looks great. What did you use? I've always liked Autoglym but others swear by Meguirs(?)

Also, the code reader - how did you choose that one? There's too much choice so I haven't bought anything yet. I also want it to read newer cars as well.

Cheers
Forum member georgem recommended it in this thread:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=114864

My service light reset tool has yet to arrive - I'll post back how that goes. I read up on a few other forums about the Autel scanner, and it seemed to be well liked, but apparently there are some cheap chinese imitations around that don't do everything the genuine article does (like have an internal battery to store information for starters) so I decided to go to a reputable supplier - very quick delivery too. Well happy with that for £70, and it will/should deal with anything that's EOBD II compatible, i.e. pretty much anything in the last 10 years including CAN bus vehicles.

Polishing - I used T-cut and a lot of elbow grease to get the bonnet flat to start with, and sinished off with Autoglym Super Resin polish. I like Meguire's too, but generally use it on a surface that is already in good condition and just needs waxing/protecting. Basically, my car hasn't seen a bottle of polish in years, if ever, and so pretty much anything would have made quite a decent difference!

Cheers.