View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 15:03   #213
OnyxBlaster
Volvo Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocat View Post
I've often thought Volvo are very unimaginative/lazy/controlling about some of their options and model specs.
But I think in some cases, it might be more to do with Volvo UK, rather than the factory, dictating what their customers are allowed to have.
I realise there will always be regional/national variations but some of the restrictions just seem random and silly (actually getting logical explanations is almost impossible), rather than for genuine technical or manufacturing reasons... 🙄
As a comparison that supports your opinion, check the Mercedes UK and German configurators. The UK gets a choice of pretty much one trim level (AMG) for most models and 2 or 3 packages (Premium, Premium Plus, Night Edition) and that's about it.
The Germans can choose a Classic/SE/Lux alternative and individually specify a huge range of options including bum chillers, which aren't available in the UK on anything below an S-Class. One of the main reason I ended up with a Volvo is the availability of bum chillers on Inscription (or Plus/Pro) models. Non-cooled leather is a real turn-off for me.
OnyxBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OnyxBlaster For This Useful Post: