View Single Post
Old Dec 28th, 2023, 09:40   #18
37 RUBY
Master Member

Hello
Working down your list then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaakk View Post

DPF pressure sensor reading 5 at idle up to around 47 at idle, so that would seem okay.
Assuming your 2nd figure is at raised revs? then that seems OK.
Have you considered taking it for a run with an assistant and see what figures are shown then? If no assistant, I think there is a live data record facility in Vida

Quote:
Additive tank now at 14/15 and counter reset, though I cannot 'activate' the pump in Vida. Info page says pump only becomes active after adding diesel to fuel tank? Perhaps someome knows more on this but it makes sense to me

Yes, dosing does take place when the system recognises fuel was added. There will be a manual activation but for now you could just monitor the level via Vida to confirm pump is work...arguably the fact it was empty suggests its fine.

Quote:
I have also reset counter for new DPF again but couldn't see anything to reset soot counter? I did take a reading of soot mass which was around 1.0g.
Seems fine so no action needed. Likely that the registering of a new DPF also zero'd the soot levels.

Quote:
Car is now revving above 3k but throws the occaisional EML but no limp mode. Vida says these DTCs are:

MAF reading in range but lower than expected. I have checked everything is 'tight'. Air Filter looks grubby so I'm gonna swap that out and clean MAF.
I am of the opinion that MAF's do wear out, so it could be ready for cleaning or replacing. They don't usually trigger EML's and if you unplug it then start the car, the system will register such a code but no EML as the system will revert to some baseline settings to keep running. You could in fact unplug it and take it for a run and see if your symptoms still persist.
Are they the only DTC's ?

Quote:
Other one is DPF efficiency below threshold (Bank 1). Again, going to clean up sensors again. Thought I did this when changing out DPF but must have miised one. If anyone knows which sensor bank 1 relates to that'd be great.
Bank one is upstream of the DPF. If you can afford it change it as it was running in the same conditions as the old DPF. If your car is out of date for the software updates, the advice from 'Clan' is key here though. New sensors may work best with updated software.

Bank 2 is downstream of the DPF and reports conditions after filtration, such as if soot is getting past, ie cracked DPF from too many/wrongly applied forced regens. You tend to get soot in the rear tail pipe when that happens.

Out of interest, why did you change the DPF?

Last edited by 37 RUBY; Dec 28th, 2023 at 09:58.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote